Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Clinical Application...

Well, Ian had his first big clinical event today... a pelvic exam, yay! No, not a pelvic exam for him, but he gave a poor innocent women a pelvic exam. He said it was nice to finally have some practical application of what he has been learning. Of course, I am delighted that he was able to get a real doctor experience. I am hoping that he will one day learn basics ie: Clear vs unclear lungs, whether an ear is infected, how to tell if a finger is broken, etc. I am sure that a pelvic exam should always be learned first though... I am pretty sure this makes Ian a doctor... or maybe not. Also, I am sure you are all glad that I didn't sport a picture for this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To much info!!!!! frances

Jules said...

Yes, we are glad there is no pic. Thank you!