It is now October and Halloween is quickly approaching. Yay! I like Halloween, but more than anything I think I realize that the year is practically half over. Well not really, but Thanksgiving break is around the corner and so is Christmas break which means in January it is half over and it is fast approaching.
Ian is in his 5th quarter and "the match" is 2 weeks away. For those who do not know what "the match" is, it is where we put down our top 6 choices for where we want to go for rotations (3rd and 4th year). It is a very big deal as for most it gives a foot in the door for residency. Yet, each rotation site only has so many openings for rotations. We have already had 1 mock match and in a week we will have another.
As for the rest of us, Cohen has been growing out his mullet since Yaya/Nana has asked us to not cut his hair until she gets to see him again. He is now 19 1/2 months old and is a very curious and adventurous boy. This, of course, is as expected. He is also very talkative like his mom.
I have been keeping busy with SAA, and getting ready for the AAOA convention in Las Vegas. Although I am still getting things ready for the fundraising that takes place there and other details, I decided a week ago to opt out of going because of how much there is on my plate. I have also recently published a paper in the National Athletic Trainers Association Educators Journal (NATAEJ).
Now, there is a lot going on in our families as well. We all wanted to tell Elise congrats on having a baby, Kayla. Celeste and Lorina congratulations on your pending arrivals (boy and girl respectively. Liz and Tim for buying a house and Liz and Emily for running the St. George Marathon yesterday, Yay for you all! Amanda, we hope the LSAT went well yesterday! Also Congratulations to everyone else out there for all your terrific accomplishments, arrivals, prending arrivals, etc.
October 2015
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment