Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well, it has been a long time, so much so that our little man has gone from this...



to this... Good news though, we really like Sidney and think she will be a great daughter-in-law.


Our little family has been through a lot over the last while. Ian finished his 2nd year of medical school with no help from the rest of us, who just seemed to make it harder and more complicated on him (ie: Cohen- 4 day hospital stay and bronchiolitis numerous times, not to mention his all out rascalness.

Smartie-pants Tamra- preterm labor, hospital visit, bed rest, extra rest, no lifting anything, getting electrocuted, heart problems, and just plain large).

Yes, this is me in my VERY LARGE glory prior to delivery.
We also can't forget the weather which made life a little more complicated as little Kirksville, MO was hit by a tornado the day before school ended... but what an adventure this all was. With all the ups and downs, it was all worth it and gives us a story to tell later.


Before we left our precious midwest, we spent time with friends and said goodbye. What a unique opportunity we have had. We miss you all! Dinner below was amazing, or maybe it was just the company.



I never would have made it through without you!


Cohen made sure to give loves to even horses and grab a few laughs before we left his buddies.

We also had some quality time with Cohen's "godparents", Poochie and Elsie. Love these two. By the way you two, thanks for the calls and the messages. Sorry I am a slacker and that your pictures didn't turn out well. Come to find out I think a little rascal got a hold of the camera and provided a nice smudge mark in the middle of the lens.


I left 3 weeks before Ian because the doc wanted to get me to our next destination while I was "looking good" and since early delivery was inevitable (ha ha ha), early enough that I wouldn't deliver during travels. So, we were instructed I had to fly and that I needed to make frequent stops. So, we made every historic stop on the road to Kansas City. We made it to Far West and to General Pershing's childhood home.

Plus we got to visit my sister and her husband and crew in Kansas City. They met us there from Junction City, KS. We miss being closer to them as there have always lived the furthest away.


It seemed like eternity before Ian came, but Cohen quickly found a replacement in Uncle Tim. Tim and Auntie Bubba are good sports and allow Cohen's big blue eyes to con them into doing just what he wants. But, Cohen adores them! Bubba, Tim, Amanda, Ya Ya, and Papa all helped to keep him entertained during our wait.


Of course, the entertaining is still going on.



Don't tell, but Liz (aka Bubba) and Tim asking us to do things over and over until Ian gives in is the only way I get Ian to do anything fun. Ian isn't very social these days, but we love him despite that. I am still waiting for him to play cards with us. He always has an excuse. Thanks for always asking us to join you even though we aren't good about extending you the same.

We have done a few other fun things besides play rockband once. We also went to the zoo, Liz joined us on the adventure. Cohen enjoyed the train ride and sat next to Dad. He cried and cried when he had to get off. He also got a carousel ride with Dad and we all went to see the bird show which was awesome. This monkey came right down to Cohen and put his hands right over Cohen's. Cohen tried to give it a hug through the glass. They entertained each other for a couple of minutes. The monkey also found an attraction to Liz... she had to tell him she was already taken. Dodged a bullet there Liz.


Ian also got plenty of looks walking around with two pregnant women and a two year old. He received the same looks as Tim when I joined him, pregnant Liz and Amanda to tour the new Church History Library in SLC.

We also had a fun time with Lorina, Bruce and kiddos going to see the horse parade in Ogden,


and watching fireworks on the 4th of July with Ya Ya and Papa and family. Cohen fell asleep on his Ya Ya.

The day after going off of my anti-contraction medication, I was dilated to a 2 and about 70% effaced and stayed there for 3 weeks until they decided at 39 weeks to induce me.
So, on July 22, 2009 at 1:29pm, Aurora Soleil Riter joined our little family. BTW Soleil is pronounced So-lay. She was 7 lbs, 11oz and 19 inches long. Much bigger than our tiny Cohen, but labor and delivery went very well. She provided a couple of firsts for me... getting to hold her right after she was delivered was one, getting to see, hold, and feed her in the first 4 hours was another one, and Ian got to cut the umbilical cord.



Cohen and Aurora have formed their own little bond. Cohen loves her and gives her kisses and hugs and asks to hold her.


While at the hospital I received a pedicure and dinner for two courtesy of a local beauty school and Davis hospital.



Yes, that is a real table cloth with real glasses and cloth napkins...
No, that is not wine, it is sparkling cider.
After bringing her home, I caught Ian dancing with her in the living room when he thought I was sleeping. He was even singing. The day before I had caught him doing somersaults in the front room with Cohenafter church... still in his suit. I love that man!


Aurora wasn't the only addition to our family. We also added a new car.


Not this one, although it is the most sold car worldwide, but this one...

This officially catches everyone up except for the last couple of weeks, which I will be working on tomorrow.

6 comments:

Nashelle said...

Tamra, Aurora is beautiful! Glad to have the story and hear that everything went well with the move and her delivery! Hope life is treating you guys well!

Tiffany said...

Hey Tamra! Good to see you guys are alive and doing well! :) and YAY for a new car!!

Amy Jenks said...

Aurora is absolutely gorgeous! What a perfect addition to your family. It is so nice to have your blog. I love keeping in touch this way. :)
I can't belileve you made it to 39 weeks.
Congrats on everything. It looks like everything is going well.
our blog is thejenksfamily.blogspot.com

Janae Squires said...

Wow she is adorable!!! I am so happy for you and that you made it to 39 weeks considering! Awesome you got a new car and that all is going well! She is a model baby! No fair I want to deliver at your hospital!

Jaime said...

Tamara, I miss you! Aurora is gorgeous!!!!! How has it been having 2? Was the adjustment hard for you? I hope not.. lets get together when you are up to it. Just email me. jandjwendling@gmail.com

Elsie said...

I LOVE the update! It was so fun to read! I miss you all and love you tons!